Library Summer Camps in 2014
We’re thrilled to announce 4 public, free camps this Summer through the Multnomah County Library (MCL) teen services. Camps registration is online with MCL here, or click the links below for individual libraries.
Rolling registration begins May 26th and continues through August. If your children are younger, please contact us at [email protected] We are working with the MCL to make these camps available to younger participants as well as teens.
June 16-20th, Capitol Hill 2-4pm
June 23-27th, Gresham, 3-4:30pm
August 18-22nd, Troutdale, 2-4pm
August 25-29th, Sellwood-Moreland, 12:30-2:30pm
Imagine New Worlds with Reading and Games
Have you ever wanted to create your own adventure story or a game you can play with friends?
Bringing games to life can be easy and fun! Join Pixel Arts for five days of fun, hands-on workshops to create tabletop and video games with your friends. We’ll draw, sketch, and design games inspired by your favorite books and your imagination.
You’ll be able to:
- Build your own game worlds using cards, paper, tiles, dice, and tokens
- Write a choose-your-own-adventure game with Twine – a game-making software
- Bring your game to life with SNAP – an easy to learn visual programming software
- Combine your projects or continue on with one of them in a free-for-all maker place
- Learn about game developer careers and local game spaces
- At the end of the activities, share your games with friends online and at the library!
Registration required and participants are encouraged to attend all five sessions.