The Mythos Challenge awards a total of $5,000 to games, apps, and digital stories. The Mythos Youth Council selects finalists whose games will be played and voted for during the Portland Art Museum’s upcoming exhibit, “Gods and Heroes.”
1. Explore and find mythologies you find most interesting!
- Start with the Online Toolkits by the Portland Art Museum
- Find inspiration from storytellers with our Best Loved Books!
- Explore Mythos from Around the World
2. Attend a Workshop or Watch a Video
- Learn about games in museums with our video.
- Join an upcoming Workshops by Mythos Challenge partners at Pixel Arts’ calendar or at PAM’s Calendar.
3. Choose the Kind of Game You Want to Make
With table top games, you don’t need a computer, just paper and items like tokens or chips to represent players. Check out the Design Square activity below to start!
If you are new to game making, we recommend using Scratch, an easy software for visual programming.
4. Brainstorm Ideas for a Game!