Pixel Arts Youth Game Camp is about to launch.
Enrollment is at capacity, and parents are confirming registrations. We have offered the camp without charge; this is only possible because of the generosity and support of our shared communities. In the truest DIY sense, we have worked scrappy and smartly to keep expenses low and value high.
What does it take to pull together a high-quality learning event without a wealth of corporate sponsors investing in us yet?
- More than 30 volunteers stand together to provide a learning playground in art and animation, programming and computational thinking, and design and game play.
- Portland Youth Builders stands strong by providing our camp IT support, staff and facilities for free.
- Our partners and collaborators have enthusiastically stood with us, sharing news of our camp with their communities and connecting us to their networks.
- Encouragement by friends, allies, strangers and parents help us stand strong.
Local businesses have generously given cash donations to support our mission:
- $100 from Amerivest Realty
- $100 from Precision Enterprises
We are thrilled by the ongoing food donations so we can provide youth and volunteers great food! Our Chef Carrie is preparing two tasty, hearty nutritious meals each day. For helping feed and nurture the wellbeing of our youth participants, big thanks to:
- Franz Bakery for sandwich bread and breakfast bagels.
- Jazzy Bagels for 100+ bagels.
- Trader Joes for a case of kettle popcorn and 3 cases of bottled water.
- Schedeens Farms for fruit and vegetable.
- Domino’s Pizza for free pizzas.
And, we have received generous donations from open source organizations. We’d greatly appreciate the support of:
- Free Geek for 5 Linux desktops and 5 monitors to run Luz, an open source software developed by the Game Design Academy.
- Red Hat Linux and Pacific University for donating USB flash drives.
- Stumptown Syndicate, Ubuntu and OSCON for donated lanyards.
If you would like to support Youth Game Education, please see our donate page or check out our forthcoming Donor’s Choose page.
To all our supporters, heartfelt thanks from Pixel Arts Game Education team.